The world’s oldest serving bank chairman has resigned. Lazaro de Mello Brandao has been the chairman of the Brazilian largest banks known as Bradesco Banks. The 91-year-old chairman has been serving as the Bank’s chairman for the last 25 years. The old man has been serving the bank with different capabilities, and he rose to be the chairman. However, his resignation from the bank’s management has spiked a heated debate on the possible successor to the oldest chairman in the Brazilian history.
The bank, however, has considered the replacement of Lazaro de Mello. He will be replaced by Luiz Carlos Trabuco. Trabuco has also been serving in Bradesco bank for quite some time. He is the current Chief Executive Officer of the bank and has been recognized to take the position. Carlos Trabuco will assume the position of the chairmanship as he continues being the CEO of the bank for some time until March of 2018. This is in line with the banks regulation that demands a new election of the chairman upon the resignation of the sitting chair.
The bank realized many critical developments under the leadership of Brandao; the outgoing chairman. The 91-year-old former chairman fostered the management culture that saw that the executives in the bank were promoted to the higher ranks rather than outsourcing from the outside market. This move is what will significantly influence the choice of a new chairman by Bradesco Bank when it is officially replacing Brandao in the awaited March elections. Currently, there are seven high ranking executives in the bank including Trabuco who will be battling for the top seat of the financial institution.
Read more on g1.globo.com
However, there are other high ranking officials in the bank. Choosing the best of them will prove to be hectic in the selection process. Among the high ranking possible candidates for the top position are:
· Mauricio Machado de Minas. He is an IT expert in the bank. The 58-year-old was responsible for setting the bank’s digital system. Minas has been working in the bank since 2009.
· Alexander da Silva Gluher. He is 57 years old and the chief risk officer in the Bradesco bank. He joined the bank in 1976 and had over 40 years in management.
· Domingos Figueiredo Abreu. He heads the treasury and lending departments in the bank. The treasury expert is 58 years old. Abreu has been working with the bank since 1981 when he was just a fresh graduate.
· Josue Augusto Pancini. The veteran and experienced banker joined Bradesco in 1975, and he is responsible for banks’ network and its high-income segment. Pancini is 57.
· Marcelo de Araujo Noranha. Noronha is heading the department of Corporate and investment banking. The 52-year-old has been working with the bank for 15 years.
· Andrea Rodrigues Cano. Cano is the human resource manager in the bank. The 59-year-old has been working with the bank for over 40 years, and he joined Bradesco in 1977. He was recently promoted to the rank in 2016.
More about Luiz Carlos Trabuco
Trabuco is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Bradesco Bank and president. He is also the acting chairman of the bank a position he assumed after the retirement of the former chairman called Brandao. Trabuco has been working with Bradesco Bank for over 48 years. Trabuco was born on 6th October 1951, and he is married to Anna Maria Veloso, and they have two children.
Trabuco attended Fundacao Escola de Sociologia e Political de Sao Paulo where he graduated with a degree in Philosophy. He also attended The University of the South Pacific. Trabuco has held many key positions in the bank of Bradesco which include Investor Relation Officer, and Executive vice president.
Learn more about Luiz Carlos Trabuco: http://economia.estadao.com.br/noticias/geral,bradesco-anuncia-substituto-de-luiz-trabuco-na-presidencia-do-banco,70002178384